“Begin Again: stories of missteps, false starts, and new beginnings”
Long Story Short | Thursday, May 3, 2018 | 7pm | Space 252
Our first Long Story Short event was a great success! We were all touched by the powerful, genuine, and humorous stories that the performers shared with the audience and cannot wait until our next event on July 12th.
Special thanks to Corrigan Vaughan for being a most excellent host, and to Austin Bittner for providing photography for this event. To all of our storytellers, we applaud your bravery and honesty. This night would not have been possible without your voices. We thank you!
Looking to participate in our next Long Story Short event? Check out these quick tips and email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information:
- Make sure your story is true & yours to tell.
- Like all good stories, yours should have a beginning, middle and end.
- Tell your story through a series of chronological actions and reactions.
- Does your story have stakes? Is the listener sympathetic to your plight or rooting for a particular outcome?
- Practice, practice, practice!
Keep an eye out for the full event recording on the Space 252 podcast, which will be launching soon!
More event and speaker photos: https://space252.com/photosblock/
Featured Storyteller Diana’s individual story: https://ourcitylights.com/ourcitylights-1/2018/5/begin-again
Diana La Counte
Dr. Howard Knohl
Lightning Round Participants: